Alexandria Community Council Update for July 2023
***ALEXANDRIA CC UPDATE***
July has been a bit of a washout weatherwise, but Alexandria CC are pleased with some of the progress made in the town:
* Mitchell Way appears to have made a step forward (step not stride) following LIDL's application being passed by West Dunbartonshire Council. We look forward to further progress.
* Council hosted Free Family Fun Day events taking place at Christie Park on three separate dates (one already taken place and was successful). Many residents and their families have enjoyed this so far.
* The upcoming Traders Market at Overburn Street Car Park on Saturday 12th August. This was arranged by Alexandria Traders Association, who are working hard to bring in as many stalls as possible. HOWEVER, there is also continuing frustrations and sadness:
* Cultural communication problems with some departments in West Dunbartonshire - simple enquiries not being acknowledged. This has to improve. Non acknowledgment gives an impression of being ignored - whether intentional or not.
* Local businesses closing. This is due to a number of factors including financial constraints placed on business owners in the last couple of years.
The above demonstrates while we are moving forward, is that there is much work to do. The town of Alexandria still feels side-lined in "forward planning" local authority wise and not fully appreciated as a place that practically sits next door to Loch Lomond, one of the most popular places in the world. Considering this, you can see why local residents are so angry and frustrated.
If you have a question or enquiry please do not hesitate to contact us either via this Facebook page or call 01389 720970 (please leave a message).
Thank you for your support.