** ALEXANDRIA CC UPDATE – NOVEMBER 2023 **
** Alexandria Community Council Update – November 2023 **
We are now into our second year following our Annual General Meeting on 15th November 2023. We are now focusing on the present and future.
Here is a summary of some of our current work:
• Recent correspondence with WDC Leader Councillor Martin Rooney on the Christmas Lights in Alexandria. This followed much concern and lack of clarity in the community. Thanks to Councillor Rooney for his quick responses. This is an ongoing discussion that will continue at Alexandria CC level.
• Monitoring and continued updates from WDC Regeneration on the current Smollett Fountain works.
• A considerably lengthy one-sided correspondence with WDC Greenspace on the question of the opening hours of toilets at Christie Park. We have yet to be given an answer which is gives a feeling of being ignored – which is unacceptable.
• Correspondence with WDC Infrastructure, Regeneration, Education and Development (IRED) Convener Councillor David McBride and WDC Leader Martin Rooney on the change of refuse bin collection to third weekly in 2024. There have been great email discussions with both and plenty of information which opens an opportunity for further discussion at a future CC meeting.
• Correspondence with WDC Roads on long-term plans to tackle the historic parking issues in Alexandria town centre. Outcome of the planning expected to be completed by January 2024.
• Continued representation at West Dunbartonshire Community Council Forum which meets quarterly.
• Next confirmed CC meeting arranged for Wednesday 17th January 2024, 6.30pm at Alexandria Community Centre.
The list is not exhaustive but demonstrates that Alexandria CC are determined to work for the community of Alexandria.
Although some progress has been made, it is not enough and the community of Alexandria deserves a lot more. This is what we will be striving for in 2024.
Thank you for your support,