** ALEXANDRIA CC UPDATE **
On behalf of Alexandria Community Council I would like to thank everyone who has supported us as we slowly progress towards a year in operation since re-foundation.
A summary of recent developments and discussions:
- * Mitchell Way demolition now underway - being monitored.
- * Smollett Fountain improvement works underway - being monitored.
- * Historic parking issues in the town, particularly Main Street, forwarded to Community Police who have been invited to speak at our next meeting on 4th October. More information will be provided in the next week.
- * Forthcoming third weekly refuse bin collection - discussions have begun with WDC Infrastructure, Regeneration and Economic Department (IRED) regarding the effect the changes this will make in the community. These discussions with Convener Councillor David McBride (answering key questions) are available on both Facebook platforms.
- * Continued partnership with Alexandria Traders Association which has been working hard to promote the town, including the Alexandria Market. Market updates provided on Notice Board.
- * The Alexandria Town website is now live which includes an information directory for the town as well as useful and historical information. Site developer Alan Hubner of aehweb provides a link where businesses can get themselves added to the information.
- * We also continue to be represented at the West Dunbartonshire Community Council Forum which meets quarterly.
- * Alexandria CC also began a conversation on the future of the Alexandria Community Centre - information on this is available on both Facebook platforms.
- * Other issues raised and ongoing include Christie Park toilets (we still await information with regards to its opening times and operation). Despite our best efforts, the response from WDC Greenspace has not been forthcoming.
This list is not exhaustive with other issues and discussions which will be touched upon in the run-up to the end of the year.
Once again, thank you to you all and look forward to further progress.